Pages

25 September 2012

Come in, the water's great!

When it's foggy on the river, it feels like you're in a hot spring and the water is so warm that it's creating steam in the air. But really, the water was quite warm. I would have much rather taken a dip than freeze to bits although I would have had to stay in the water until the temperature crawled up to 70. Or else I really would have frozen to bits.

The fog was so thick that I could barely see past 3 seat and once you could see the shore, you were definitely WAY too close. Plus the skeg was stuck and we were constantly drifting towards the right so I fully utilized my stroke and 2 seats and their holding-water abilities. My stroke seat and I have a special connection now. I can't even muster how many times I asked her to hold water.

On another note, today was supposed to be mountain day! Nearly everyone thought it was going to be today yet alas I still have class later. Madame President, your timing is a bit skewed. I just hope its not tomorrow.

Swackett says it's 59 degrees outside, but I don't believe it. In the morning it's extremely difficult to think that by 3:00 it'll be 70 degrees. New England, your weather is making me sick. (Literally)


No comments:

Post a Comment