Pages

05 September 2012

D-Day

It has come, and now it is gone.

When I woke up this morning my table clock was disoriented so I thought it read that it was 5:45am. At that point I went back to sleep, not knowing what the correct time was. For all I know, it could have been 5:45. Anyway, at 8 I heard someone else's Ikea alarm and woke up (thank goodness for that).

French was pleasant. At first the professor walked in babbling in French and the only thing going through my mind was "Oh my lord what did I get myself into." Then she started calling roll (in English) and I was so reassured. We picked French personas (mine is Colette) and she introduced us to the study of French and how things were going to work in her class while throwing French phrases at us and kinda-sorta understanding what she meant.

After that I went back to my room and did nothing. When I got to my Global Business seminar, I pulled out my French assignment (a questionnaire and general info sheet) to fill out while waiting for the class to start (I was 20 minutes early). To my surprise, the girl sitting to my right asked me if I was taking French. I confirmed, and she shared that she was French, from France. "Oh my god this is amazing you can help me with my homework and all will be right in this world!" Otherwise, the professor for this class is great, I feel connections happening between classmates already, and I feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment