Pages

29 October 2012

Hurricane Day

Here at Mount Holyoke, we observe Hurricane Day, a fun-filled impromptu day dedicated to Hurricane Sandy! Classes are cancelled and students can get complimentary blowouts courtesy of our outdoor salons.

But in all seriousness, the eye hasn't even reached the coast yet and I've definitely been in worse weather without concern. I wonder if we'll get tomorrow or Wednesday off too... but don't let me get your hopes up.

Click the picture for a larger view

The funny thing is that I have an exam on weather systems and cyclones tomorrow. Which includes hurricanes which are, by definition, really big extremely low pressure cyclonic systems.


See those jet streams and the weather front? Big uh ohs.

I just hope the power doesn't go out.


No comments:

Post a Comment