Pages

19 February 2013

Until Next Time

Dear Friends,

        I hope this notice finds you in good health for I could not forgive myself if what I am about to announce causes a sudden cardiac-related event that leads to your instantaneous death/misfortune. I'll just cut to the chase
: this is my formal announcement of withdrawal from Mount Holyoke. 

        After considerably ponderous thought and consideration, I have decided that doing so would only be in my favor.  I could lay out the entire situation right here but for the sake of privacy and a boring explanation, I will refrain from doing so. But in an attempt to explain myself, I will simply say that Mount Holyoke was just not a good fit for me. What has ultimately compelled me to leave is a combination of reasons that include financial, academic, and personal issues. However, I intend to enroll in an architecture program in the fall that will allow me to matriculate with a professional degree rather than this flimsy architectural studies nonsense. So I'm basically just taking the rest of the semester off.

        Vous me manquez! While I am terrible at goodbyes and don't believe in a permanent farewell, I will regret not getting the chance to properly part with everyone. Although I am gone, I would like to thank everyone who has been a friend to me during my time at Mount Holyoke. You've made my time here a lot more enjoyable and for that, I thank you. A huge shout out to MHC Crew: this team is easily my most favorite part of Mount Holyoke despite the 5AM mornings.


        The blog will continue on as I fully intend to resume my studies at a different school. My college experiences have not ended and my leaving Mount Holyoke is just the end of a chapter in the expectedly never-ending tome of the story of my life. 

I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors and hope that you never keep yourself from happiness.

Cheers,
J

P.S. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have but know that as I write this, I can count the number of people who truly know about my departure on a single hand.