Pages

13 September 2012

Coxswain's Seat

After spending three days overexerting myself in attempts to prove that I should earn a place on the crew team, today I spent crew tryouts in the coxswain's seat! For those of you who aren't familiar with crew, the coxswain is often considered the "brains of the boat." We steer the boat and guide the rowers to win ultimate championships and be the best crewtons on the face of the Earth. Yup! All in a hard day's work as a coxswain crewton.

It was quite nice to observe the rowers from an outsider's perspective because you see what the coaches see which helps you understand the corrections they're making which in turn makes you a better rower. I think every beginning rower should observe other beginners in the water at least once during the learning process. Observations really, really help. Really. Can't wait to do circuits on Saturday! (Just kidding, I'm going to die)

The official roster is coming out later today which I'm very anxious about... I don't think I should be too concerned, but there's always a chance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment