Pages

02 September 2012

Hopes and Fears

Mount Holyoke is a completely different atmosphere than what I'm used to. The train isn't a block away, there aren't any homeless people on the sidewalks, the number of non-faculty/staff males on campus don't reach the double digits, and the bathrooms are communal. Since I've been here I feel like being here challenges me in so many more ways than I expected. But like all college students, I have hopes to look forward to and fears that I never want to encounter.

Hopes
During my time in college, I hope to do everything that I possibly can. It may be overwhelming at first, but I look forward to keeping myself busy.

Fears
My biggest fear is under-committing. I don't want college to breeze by without anything to remember it by. Some upperclasswomen that I've spoken to have shared that they wish they had done more during their time at Mount Holyoke because it seems as if they first moved in as first-years just days ago.
College is intimidating. I wish I could continue on that thought, but I can't find the words to express myself.

Honestly, I just can't wait for classes and practices to finally start so I can get in a regular rhythm of things.

xo from SoHads

No comments:

Post a Comment