Pages

26 October 2012

7 Billion

It's Friday night and I'm holed up trying to finish my Anthro paper due at midnight. I looked through the course catalogue and picked out my prospective classes for the next semester, perfectly configured on a piece of scrap paper. I'm so eager to take an architecture class again, it's been such a long time since my last.

Aside from that, it's just been a pretty mellow day on the Mount Holyoke campus. Today felt really slow although time was just ticking away without regard. The team had their celebratory Boom Chug in which we ran through campus yelling "BOOM CHUG-A-LUG-A-LUG-A" advertising our last regatta of the season. It was fairly amusing although I'm sure half of our participants joined crew because it doesn't involve running so it seemed like people were going to pass out then and there.

Tomorrow is our Championship regatta and it'll be nice to get off campus with something to do (although I won't actually be doing anything). It's sad to think that the season is over although I'm sure we all appreciate the return to normal working hours. At least we don't have to deal with the incoming hurricane (or whatever it is) and its aftermath on the river.

Anyway, I was walking back from dinner and noticed a brightly lit nearly full moon in the sky and it was really quite lovely. So, wherever you are in the world, take a moment to appreciate the moon tonight because that is one thing you can share with 7 billion other people. The world is beautiful that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment