Pages

25 October 2012

Formal/Informal

I've just realized how informal my posts have become in comparison to the first couple of posts I wrote in August. Here's something formal:

Last night my roommate and I were 'disoriented.' At about 9:20, while we were both nearly ready to go to bed, a sudden clamor rung through the halls. It was, of course, our lovely senior class and their hideously loud pots. Dressed in their graduation gowns, they pounded on our door and I reluctantly answered to reveal ourselves in pajamas. We grabbed shoes and a jacket, followed them throughout the rest of our building on the hunt for other first-years, and then continued on to join the firsties and seniors gathered in front of the library. Allow me to note that it was bedtime.

Anyway, long story short: we learned the Anti-alma mater "our drinks are too strong and our morals gone, mount holyoke what's happening to meee; mount holyoke what's happening to meeeeee?!" and sang it to Lynn (at her house, mind you). It was an interesting night, to say the least.

Otherwise, with the end of the fall season and the sudden realization that I'll have so much free time now that I don't have to go to bed at 9, I've taken up a new hobby: naps in the common room. Other than that, life is just as uneventful as its always been. The course catalogue is coming out tomorrow, though! But I have a terrible registration time on Friday next week: 3:38. Basically the last person at this school to register for classes. Nbd

So much for writing formally. Off to study le Français.

No comments:

Post a Comment