Pages

10 October 2012

#YDKWYMUIG

It's fall. The leaves are changing colors, the temperature is dropping, you find yourself wearing a little bit more everyday, and there are a lot of geese.

It is 2:16 and I'm taking a break from leisurely reading Imagine: How Creativity Works. (Funny how that works out, huh?) I dozed off for a while but when I woke up, I found myself looking at this:

My view of the world at 2:16 on 10/10/12
So there I was, sitting in my chair and suddenly I longed for warm summer days on the beach spent reading. I'll admit that there's nothing notable about that revelation. Of course people long for summery days in the fall/winter, and vice versa. But it really hit me that you only actually appreciate things once they're gone. Or rather, #You Don't Know What You're Missing Until It's Gone. I don't believe #YDKWYMUIG will catch on any time soon... quick, mass hashtagging on Twitter!

Just think about it. This is the first time I've been away from home for an extended period of time (more than a week) without my family (or a car) and I find myself longing for so many things back home that I had always taken for granted. Like the MTA; everyone back home spews angry thoughts about it, but it's much more favorable than taking hour long bus trips to the next town over.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I had to say. That, and I do not like bowloaders. An inexperienced coxswain in a bowloader with 4 inexperienced rowers is the actual equivalent of the blind leading the blind.Also, unevenly distributed pressure makes me look like an idiot swerving across the entire river. I now appreciate rowers who can go straight without steering implements.

P.S. I disregarded the "Please Do Not Adjust Temp" sticker on the thermostat in the library and moved the gauge to the warmest setting and it's still pretty darn cold. That sticker is useless. So is the thermostat.

No comments:

Post a Comment