Pages

10 November 2012

Happy Founder's Day

Hello, all! I am currently nestled by the cozy fireplace in my dorm's common room (of course) on this lovely Saturday night. I also feel inexplicably tired and ready for bed even though it's only 7:00.

This past Thursday was Founder's Day and there was a series of events going on until last night. I went to the Opening Ceremony in which we learned a little bit about Mary Lyon and the history of the school as well as Mount Holyoke's journey through the years. The best part? There were cookies with a picture of Mount Holyoke on them!


It's too pretty to eat, so I still have it but my French teacher said that they're really yummy!

Also on Thursday was a Gracious Dinner, fashion exhibit of clothing worn back in the day at Mount Holyoke, and musical performances from the Music department and its many ensembles.

Then on Friday I went to see Soledad O'Brien speak which was very energizing and uplifting! I felt so empowered to go out into the world and cure cancer/eradicate poverty/solve global warming, but I fell asleep and I guess I just slept off all the excitement.

Happy 175 years, Mount Holyoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment