Pages

23 January 2013

College Lyfe: Showers

I showered in the dark today. Yep, that's right. A nice, long hour spent in warm-tempered water spewing out from a pressurized spout a foot above my head. In the dark. Why? Because the light in my preferred shower wasn't working (so much for motion-detection lights). Allow myself to insert the next point of concern: Why is that shower your favorite even though the light isn't working? Well see, the disfunctionality of this light is a very recent occurrence which I quite hope will be solved within the next day because I really do not prefer to shower in the dark. But yes, I have a favorite shower. Because unfortunately, showers are not equals and they are not all made the same. It's the sad truth, but it's TRUE.

As a matter of fact, upon arrival to this school I made a point to find the best shower on my floor. At first glance, I liked the middle shower in the unisex bathroom because of its location, but the water pressure SUCKED. Then I tried the handicap shower, thinking that it would be nice and roomy and comfortable, but nope. Disappointed again and left with the third and final shower which has now become my shower. But I didn't stop there! I tried the showers in the second bathroom too, in the event that someone happens to be using my shower during the frame of time that I intend to shower. So yes, I have a backup shower in the backup bathroom. And this, my friends, is what college students do! When given the option to shower in 7 different showers, one should try them all and discover the best option of the given choices! Smart kids pick smart showers. Except mine has a broken lightbulb, so I guess it's not smart anymore... and I guess that means I'm not smart anymore. Boo hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment