Pages

22 January 2013

January Blues

It's 4:16 and the only thing I'm thinking about right now is dinner. Not really, but it's on my mind. Anyway, today was our first day back in classes so I got to enjoy a lovely 2 hours and 15 minutes worth of valuable learning-edumacation time. Splendid, isn't it? But actually, it is kind of splendid because my Tuesdays and Thursdays end at 11:15. Which is cool, I guess. But then I have a lot of time to kill do work (heheh yeah right). It's probably just me but I just don't feel mentally competent to be starting classes. Break was too short. That's right, my brain hasn't fully recuperated from the horror of finals week. But I just have to get over it, don't I? It frightens me to think that in a couple weeks we'll be getting the first of our exams... UGH. Whatevs, I can handle it (jk not really).

So, what's going on? Well I guess I write for Uloop now (whoo!) so you can expect articles from me on the site. This semester I hope I can get a chance to do a Habitat for Humanity build because CARE gypped me last semester (jk i love you guys). Other than that, crew is starting in mid-Feb so my 5:00 mornings haven't started yet (thank the lord). Oh, and ITS REALLY COLD HERE. It's actually really cold everywhere so why am I complaining? You Ithacan kids are probably icicles walking through a bajillion feet of snow (I dunno, is there snow up there?). Anyway, the cold sucks and the snow sucks and I would very much rather be in my bed at home all day.

Speaking of frigid temperatures, this semester should be called the "ITS NEVER GOING TO GET WARMER THIS IS NEW ENGLAND WHAT WERE YOU THINKING" Semester. Because even in the spring it's chilly. And classes end at the end of April. So if you think about it, this semester mostly takes place during the winter. I don't know why I packed so many shorts. I might as well surgically attach myself to my bean boots and ski jacket.

I also appreciate any and all care packages that everyone should be sending me. I forgot my mug, water bottle, tea measuring spoon, and I purposely left my french press at home. I could use all of those. (But I miss my mug the most. Twas such a great mug)

Now I have to muster up something to submit to Uloop.

PS Did Facebook just have its first site crash? WHOAH. (or is it just me)

No comments:

Post a Comment