Pages

14 January 2013

The Wardrobe

I am sitting in my closet. On my immediate to-do list: figuring out what to bring to school clothing-wise. See, this really shouldn't be a concern considering that I know I'll probably be wearing the same thing every day until laundry day comes. My typical school-day uniform consists of skinnies and a tee, but it's nice to look decent once in a while, right? That's my justification for everything else I may be bringing... But wearing skinnies every day probably also doesn't mean that I need 20 pairs, right? And do I really need to bring every single shirt I own? Probably not.

What the world needs is a college clothing calculator to calculate how much clothing you need to bring. Let's see, it would start with initial physical boundaries in regard to luggage size and how much you can actually bring. If you're travelling internationally, you're probably not going to send your entire wardrobe to school unless you're super mega rich and you have a private jet. Students who intend to travel by car can pretty much bring whatever they want, as long as it fits in the car (which would be fairly difficult if you have a smartcar. but hey, it's smart- maybe it can expand ten-fold to fit a full fridge). Then there would be a coefficient spectrum on which a person would identify their level of fashionista-ness ranging from "I am a hobo and I wear what I can" to "I am the ultimate fashionista and I am Kate Moss' IDOL." From there, factor in meteorological change within the time frame that you will be at school and voila! Now you have a magical number providing a rough estimate of how many clothes you should be bringing. Of course, there would be a Premium version with the payment of $1.99 which allows you to factor in frequency of laundry, how much space you have in your dorm, whether or not you intend to be making trips back home, extracurriculars that may need a specific wardrobe, and a bunch of other relevant things that have sent us back to the mall with a plastic card and an intent to buy.

Well, I have a week left until my imminent departure and no matter how much I want to bring my 30-pound pink tulle ballroom gown (jk I don't have one), it'll have to stay at home. Now I have to find space at home to stow away the clothes that I won't be needing. Oh goody. Watch out, Mount Holyoke: the return of this skinnies and tees chica will be uneventful and un-fashionista-like. Cheers to fashion uniforms and predictability!

+ Cross your fingers for the one and only Butterball and her application to Moho! (Although she seldom needs luck) She's my only fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment