Pages

04 September 2013

MHC v. CCNY

Let me tell you about my days at Mount Holyoke.
Monday through Thursday, I had classes from about 9 AM to 2 PM which also included breaks in between classes. Then I would have a single class on Friday and perhaps a lab someday during the week. I had a lot of free time. I joined crew, that was a really great way to start the morning which I prepared for by going to bed at 10 (crazy early, I know). But really, I had a lot of free time. It also didnt help that my professors didnt assign much homework.

Well, all that free time is gone now.
Because I'm commuting, I have to allot enough time to travel to class. Mondays and Wednesdays are okay since I can catch the express train. Wake up at 6:30/7 for a 9 AM class, and all is well. But then I have class until 5. And I have a total of three hours of time to kill between my classes. I suppose that time won't go to waste considering that there are architecture assignments to be completed now. But still. Tuesdays and Thursdays, however, are studio days. Class starts at 2 which means I can spend about an hour and a half on the train. Of course, I always have the option to leave early, but we haven't officially claimed space in our studio (yet). Four hours later, and we finish at around 6 (maybe slightly later).

My days are full. Fridays are a lovely break from learning although I doubt they will be thoroughly enjoyed. I nearly took a French class that met on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays that I kinda wish I took, but I'm kinda glad I didn't. There's also a lecture series on Thursdays after class that we're encouraged to attend, so I guess I'll go to those. And I've been considering participating in the SSA student council thing, but we'll see.

I have to learn to satisfy my time as well as possible and work on time management. Also: snacks. Have to pack a lot of snacks. I'm going to school tomorrow despite the fact that classes are cancelled. And maybe the day after. We'll see.

I'm mostly just tired at this point.
(Goodnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment